Aluminium corrugated roofing sheet is a building material composed of aluminium sheets which are profiled into wave-like shapes. These shapes are then riveted or welded together to form a single sheet. It available in a variety of sizes, thicknesses and finishes to suit any application.
They are often used in commercial and industrial buildings, as well as in domestic applications such as sheds and garages. Aluminium sheets are an excellent choice for a variety of reasons. They are durable, low maintenance, fire resistant and recyclable. In addition, they are easy to install and can be adapted to any roof shape.
Manufacture & Supplier of Aluminum Corrugated Sheets
The aluminum corrugated sheet is a new type of aluminum sheet roofing material, which is cold-formed into various wave types after rolling. With the rapid development of economy, corrugated aluminum sheets also enter large-scale public buildings from industrial buildings. IBC Metal Group is a leading manufacturer & supplier of aluminium corrugated roofing sheet.
Aluminium is an excellent choice of material for coastal locations due to its anti-corrosion characteristics. As a bare, natural metal, aluminium has a tendency to age poorly, however when combined with a painted surface, it is long-lasting and easily maintained.
Due to its strength-to-weight ratio being among the highest of all common metals, aluminium sheet is the most lightweight option for roofing. A thinner piece of material can easily do the job of thicker metals. This lightness means aluminium cools quickly once it stops receiving direct sunlight and stores minimal heat – perfect for the harsh Australian environment.
Specification of Aluminium Corrugated Roofing Sheet
As with most metal roofing products, aluminium is cost effective, durable and simple to install. Builders and roofers have the option of moulding the product into any shape and design required without overstepping their budget.
|Aluminium alloys such as : AA1100, AA3003, AA3105, AA1050, AA1060
amongst many others
|0.4 mm – 1.22 mm (other thicknesses available on request)
|914 mm, 1000 mm, 1219 mm and other widths available on request.
How to Install Aluminium Corrugated Roofing Sheets
If the roof receives any damage, working with aluminium makes any maintenance problems an easy fix. Even in highly-corrosive industrial environments, aluminium sheet roofing is resistant to fumes and vapours of chemicals like ammonia, carbon-dioxide and harmful acids.
Corrugated aluminum roofing sheets are a great way to add protection to your home or business. They are also very easy to install, making them a popular choice for do-it-yourself projects. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to install corrugated aluminum roofing sheets:
- Measure the area where you will be installing the sheets. This will give you an idea of how many sheets you will need to purchase.
- Cut the corrugated aluminum sheets to size using a metal shears. Be sure to wear gloves and safety goggles when working with sharp tools like this.
- Install the first sheet starting at the bottom edge of the area you are covering. Use screws or nails to secure the sheet in place.
- Overlap each successive sheet by about two inches as you work your way up the roof. This will help ensure that no water leaks through any gaps in the coverage.
- Finish up by trimming any excess material from the edges of the final sheet with a utility knife.
Maintenance of Aluminium Corrugated Roofing Sheets
Aluminium corrugated roofing sheets are a popular choice for many home and business owners due to their durability and low maintenance requirements. However, as with all roofing materials, there are some basic maintenance tasks that should be carried out on a regular basis in order to keep your aluminium corrugated roof looking its best.
One of the most important maintenance tasks is to regularly clean your aluminium corrugated roof. This can be done using a pressure washer or simply by hosing down the roof with a garden hose. Any build-up of dirt, grime or moss should be removed as this can cause long-term damage to the aluminium sheeting.
Another important task is to inspect your aluminium corrugated roof for any signs of damage or wear and tear. Any damaged or loose sheets should be repaired or replaced immediately to avoid further damage. Any gaps or cracks should also be filled with an appropriate sealant in order to prevent water ingress.
Finally, it is also important to regularly lubricate the fixing points of your aluminium corrugated roof. This will help to prevent any squeaking or sticking when opening and closing the sheets.
By following these simple maintenance tips, you can ensure that your aluminium corrugated roof will continue to look great and provide reliable protection for many years to come.
Advantages of Aluminium Corrugated Roofing Sheets
Aluminium corrugated roofing sheets are a popular choice for many homeowners due to their many benefits. Some of the advantages include:
- They Are Lightweight. One of the main reasons why aluminium roofing sheets are so popular is because they are very lightweight. This makes them easy to install and also means that your home’s foundation won’t be weighed down.
- They Are Durable. It is also very durable and can last for many years. This makes them a great investment for your home as you won’t have to keep replacing your roof.
- They Are Weather Resistant. Another great advantage of aluminium corrugated roofing sheets is that they are weather resistant. This means that they will be able to withstand all kinds of weather conditions, including high winds, heavy rain, and even snowstorms.
- They Are Easy to Install. As mentioned above, one of the main advantages is that they are very easy to install. This is thanks to their light weight and the fact that they come in pre-cut panels.
Disadvantages of Aluminium Corrugated Roofing Sheets
There are a few disadvantages of using aluminium corrugated roofing sheets. Firstly, they are not as durable as other types of roofing materials, such as concrete or clay tiles. Secondly, they can be dented or scratched more easily than other types of roofing materials. Thirdly, they are not fireproof, so if there is a fire in your home, the aluminium roofing sheets could catch fire and cause damage to your property.
Aluminium corrugated roofing sheets are an excellent choice for those looking to replace their existing roof. They are light weight, durable and easy to install, making them a popular choice amongst home-owners and builders alike. With so many benefits, it’s no wonder that aluminium corrugated roofing sheets are fast becoming the material of choice for roofs across the country.
There are a few different types of corrugated roofing sheets, each with their own benefits. The most common types are glavanized corrugated sheet, zinc roofing sheet, Aluzinc corrugated roofing sheets and galvalume corrugated metal roofing, which are widely used in agricultural and industrial buildings. These type of sheet all are easy to install and provides good protection against the elements.