In addition to being highly durable and corrosion-resistant. National Standard Spiral Steel Pipe is easy to install and maintain, and has a long service life. Commonly used standards for National Standard Spiral Steel Pipe generally divide into:
(1) SY/T5037-2000 (Ministry standard also called spiral seam submerged arc welded steel pipe for ordinary fluid convey pipeline).
(2) GB/T3091-2015, GB/T9711.1-2017. National Standard also called the delivery technical conditions of steel pipes for oil and gas industry Part I. A-grade steel pipes (The strict requirements are GB/T9711.2 B-grade steel pipes).
(3) API-5L (American Petroleum Institute. Also called pipeline steel pipe. It divided into PSL1 and PSL2).
(4) SY/T5040-92 (spiral seam submerged arc welded steel pipe for piles). A spiral seam steel pipe welded by automatic double-wire double-sided submerged arc welding process with strip steel coil as raw material. Extruded at regular temperature.
The process of spiral welded steel pipe production is straightforward, with high efficiency and low cost, seeing rapid development. Its strength usually greater than that of straight seam welded pipe. Enabling welds of a larger diameter to produce with narrower blanks, or different diameters with one width. Nonetheless, its production speed is slower than the same length straight seam pipe; the weld length expands by 30~100%. Consequently, small size pipes typically employ straight seam welding while larger ones tend to use spiral welding.
A spiral welded steel pipe made by bending steel strips or steel plates into circular, square. Or other shapes and then welding them into the joint.
Production Process for National Standard Spiral Steel Pipe
It is a spiral seam steel pipe made from strip steel and coiled plate as raw materials. Extruded at regular temperature, and welded by automatic double-wire double-sided submerged arc welding.
(1) Materials such as strip steel coils, coils, welding wires. And fluxes must undergo strict physical and chemical testing before being used. (2) After strip steel rolled into steel pipes, automatic submerged arc welding used for the repair welding of the head-to-tail butt joints. (3) The strip steel leveled, trimmed, planed, surface cleaned, transported, and pre-bent before forming.
(4) For smooth conveying of the strip, the National Standard Spiral Steel Pipe uses an electric contact pressure gauge on both sides of the conveyor to control the oil pressure. (5) Roll forming can be controlled externally or internally. (6) The weld gap control device ensures that the weld gap meets welding requirements, and the pipe diameter, misalignment, and weld gap are strictly controlled.
(7) For both internal and external welding, American Lincoln electric welding machines used for single-wire or double-wire submerged arc welding. (8) Ensures 100% coverage of non-destructive testing of spiral welds by using an online continuous ultrasonic automatic flaw detector. The system will automatically alert if there is a defect and spray the mark, and the workers can adjust the process parameters at any time to eliminate the defect immediately. (9) Cut the steel pipe into single pieces using an air plasma cutting machine.
(10) To ensure that the pipe-making process is qualified, the first three steel pipes in each batch must undergo a strict first-inspection process after cutting into single steel pipes to examine their mechanical properties, chemical composition, weld fusion status, surface quality, and non-destructive testing. Thereafter, it can officially produced.
(11) The part with continuous ultrasonic flaw detection marks on the weld seam shall undergo manual ultrasonic and X-ray reexamination. If there is a defect, it shall undergo nondestructive inspection again until it confirmed that the defect has removed. (12) There is an X-ray TV or film inspection of the tubes where the strip steel and coiled plate butt welds intersect with the spiral welds. (13) Each steel pipe has passed the hydrostatic pressure test, and the pressure radially sealed. The test pressure and time precisely controlled by the steel pipe water pressure microcomputer detection device, and the test parameters automatically printed. (14) It is mechanically processed to control the verticality of the end face, the bevel angle, and the blunt edge of the pipe end.
IBC (Tianjin) Industrial Co., Ltd could provide all kinds of steel pipe. Such as SSAW pipe, ERW pipe, LSAW pipe, Seamless Pipe, and stainless steel pipe and so on. Contact with us for more information.
Contact with us today!